Circus is Coming


4th Birthday Party Idea

The Circus is Coming to Town

What's the big deal in planning a carnival for a 4 year old birthday party.  Everything especially if you are me!  Ideas have been running crazy through my mind for the last 5 months.  I also wanted to make sure that I would be able to help other moms take short cuts that I wish I would of thought about.  So here is the approach I took and I hope it helps you.




10-12 Weeks Out:
  1. Picked a Date -- I like before nap time for younger kids so that's my rule of thumb planning this party.
  2. Entertainment -- Especially clowns in smaller towns the more advance date you can give the bette. I found  a local advertising book and asked friends for referrals.
  3. Venue -- I picked a venue that I could use both in and outdoors.  I wanted to maximize the space in every aspect. However, I needed a backup plan in case the weather wasn't in my favor.  
Carnival/Circus Birthday Party

6-8 Weeks Out:
  1. Make a Guest List 
  2. Invitations and Thank You's:  Where to order? What to order or to print?  I found my circus invitations and thank you cards on Etsy. I based all colors and finished theme around the invites. 
Stay Tuned for part 2 of the circus!

No comments:

Post a Comment