The Christmas Pile

After months of planning all the perfect gifts and planning the perfect lunch with the family, it seems to me as long as you are truly happy you will not feel depressed. When everything is opened and everyone is gone is when I was fulfilled. The meaning of Christmas sunk in for me this year. I am blessed and I am loved.

This was one of the best Christmas's I've ever had. Addison was so overwhelmed with her presents and so happy. For a brief moment she looked up from opening one of her many presents and says "Merry Christmas". It was so sweet and pure.

A few years ago when Addison and I started living on our own, my mom and I started the tradition of having her spend the night on Christmas eve and being with us for Christmas morning. I love this because we get to experience the love of our lives in pure joy.

Spending the day with my family and cooking for them the way our grandparents used to do to listening to the girls laughing and playing and of course bickering. The fun part is we like each other its not a must we love it we have grown closer over the past few years. Christmas eve night, we looked at Christmas lights and sang carols and opened the famous, 1 present, jammie's!! Yep that mom;)


Christmas morning one of my favorite is to empty the gifts around the tree and making piles for all too see. Then once we have it opened the gifts all that's left is one huge pile of bows and wrapping paper. And for some, those little things are overlooked but for me putting on the bows and picking out the best paper is fun. Even if it ends up in a big pile!

Now that Addison is with her other family I get to be the little girl and play with her toys!! Until next time. Have yourself a Merry Christmas even if the day is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment